Monday, March 5, 2012

Making It Legal

Who knew how grueling & confusing filing for a business could be. I thought about taking the easy way out and going through an online service to do it all for me (or shall I say include all the necessary documents to fill out & file). Would it be worth almost double the cost? Obviously I didn’t think so, but as the weeks unfold we’ll see how it all pans out.

To save more money, I wasn’t going to pay a $300 fee to reserve a business name. I did a quick search on the Sec of State website and found nothing close to the name I was registering. I felt secure enough that no one would take my name in the next 2 weeks so then I filled out the Illinois LLC-5.5 form…an entire two sheets that also requires a hefty price tag…not a big surprise that the state of Illinois is one of the most expensive states to incorporate in. I decided to save the $100 for the expedited online service and went with mailing it in.  It generally take 7-10 business days to hear back.

So, I wait…

No comments:

Post a Comment